Saturday, August 4, 2007

Is It Right To Run A Spiritual Center Like A Business?

I am in a dilemna... I am part of a spiritual community of pranic healers. See the official site http://www.pranichealing.org.in/ for more information if you are saying pranic healing, huh?

Pranic healers are "supposed" to be full of loving kindness and compassion. They are supposed to focus on the giving, with no thought on the outcome or the receiving... I try, every day, in little ways to do that and spread love and healing and giving of myself in a positive, life affirming way.

But what about the healers who lead chapters? Is it so difficult for them to stop running spirituality like a business? What of all the politics and back biting? Where's the collaboration? Where's the loving kindness?!

I have been a business woman. I understand there are costs to running a centre. I understand it takes years, money and commitment. But to alienate new pranic healers and prospective teachers is a dangerous game. There've got be better ways of managing the flow of students, the flow of income, etc.

I want to help, to heal, to teach, to do free service, but they will not let me! They say all kinds of limiting things, like I have to contribute 2 students if I want to even come and attend one of their classes, I am an teacher apprentice right now... Or they hem and haw, but do not actually allow me to come and observe a workshop. And I need to observe 6 workshops before I can start conducting workshops, so I really do not undertand this, but I am praying for Divine Guidance!

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please help!

1 comment:

Hari said...

Even I feel the same but it involves lot of cost to run a business I heal peaople its all with the almighty and the Guru Grand Master Choa Kuk Sui .

Let me know if any thing can be done by my side .

You Can reach me- Sri @ 8019011009