Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sewa vs. Business: The Dichotomy of Doing Business in the Holistic World!

Today I have woken up fresh and happy and excited. Today is the first day of my first public yoga class... While my only aim in life now is to help others heal through yoga, understanding their own bodies, and healing through understanding food and lifestyle, sadly many other issues cloud my mind!

The rent of the yoga studio, first of all. I mean, if I have to pay so much, how can I keep my classes open to all? And people say, do yoga in a garden, but we cannot meditate with flies and mosquitoes buzzing around our ears—we in Delhi are not that yogic yet and we can't sit through a humid sweaty morning with flies landing on our mouths as we hum our Bhramri pranayamas!

The cost of advertising and promotion. This one is hard, as it is really needed, so people know you are out there and teaching, but takes so much time and effort!

The agitated minds of my students. So many people call when they see my write up or poster, and such few follow through. The time is too early (hello, 7:45 am must be early only in Delhi!), it's too far, blah blah blah... As with everything I do, I visualise my pink heart, and tell myself I am ready and available for them, they will come to me when their minds and bodies allow them to.

So, is there a yoga teacher who has found out the answer to some of my worries this morning? Enlighten me!

No comments: